Here are a few links that I’ve come across over the past day or so that I’ve found amusing, informative or interesting and wanted to share :-)
- Middle-school student gets his head stuck in a chair (check out the photo on BuzzFeed.com) – Boys will be boys, I guess. This moment will most likely rank as one of the most embarrassing for this kid, but will also be a story that he’ll laugh about with friends for years to come.
- 10 ways social media improved lives in 2008 (check out the post at TheSocialPath.com)– Social media such as blogs, micromedia sites like Twitter, and social networks like Facebook, are often used to benefit charities and other great causes. David Griner compiled 10 ways social media has been used to improve lives in 2008 including the example of The Domestic Diva , a blogger who through the help of other bloggers spread the word about her daughter’s need for a kidney transplant. Just this week her daughter underwent the life-saving transplant. Unbelievable.
- The joy of video games on Christmas morning – Kids go crazy for Wii (check out the videos at Kotaku.com) – These videos of kids opening their Nintendo Wiis on Christmas morning are great. Slightly annoying, but great. The first kid is INSANE!
- Video games meet conquering, dominating, and annihilating needs of men (check out the news post on CNET) – A study from Stanford has proved that video games “stimulate the parts of men that so many other activities just cannot reach: the need to conquer, stomp on, dominate, crush, destroy, maim, annihilate, and turn to ashes and dust.” Makes sense.
- Photos worth a peek (check out the most viewed photos of 2008 on NationalGeographic.com) – Not necessarily the most beautiful photos I’ve seen, but this slideshow features some eye-catching and interesting images, for sure.